Diana Ross and Tame Impala have teamed up for a brand new track, ‘Turn Up The Sunshine’.
Part of an all-star soundtrack produced by Jack Antonoff for the new Minions: The Rise of Gru film, it comes ahead of a whole raft of star contributions. The collection will also feature St. Vincent performing Lipps Inc’s 1978 ‘Funkytown’, BROCKHAMPTON doing Kool & The Gang, Phoebe Bridgers taking on The Carpenters and Caroline Polachek‘s version of Nancy Sinatra’s ‘Bang Bang’.
The full thing is set to arrive on Friday, 1st July, alongside the release of the film theatrically.
The full tracklisting reads:
- Turn Up The Sunshine – Diana Ross ft. Tame Impala
- Shining Star – Brittany Howard ft. Verdine White (Earth, Wind & Fire 1975)
- Funkytown – St. Vincent (Lipps Inc in 1979)
- Hollywood Swinging – BROCKHAMPTON (Kool & The Gang 1974)
- Desafinado – Kali Uchis (Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto 1959)
- Bang Bang – Caroline Polachek (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
- Fly Like an Eagle – Thundercat (Steve Miller Band 1976)
- Goodbye To Love – Phoebe Bridgers (The Carpenters 1972)
- Instant Karma! – Bleachers (John Lennon 1970)
- You’re No Good – Weyes Blood (Linda Ronstadt 1975)
- Vehicle – Gary Clark Jr. (The Ides of March 1970)
- Dance to the Music – H.E.R. (Sly and The Family Stone 1967)
- Black Magic Woman – Tierra Whack (Santana 1970)
- Cool – Verdine White
- Born To Be Alive – Jackson Wang (Patrick Hernandez 1979)
- Cecilia – The Minions (Simon & Garfunkel 1970)
- Bang Bang – G.E.M. (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
- Kung Fu Suite – RZA
- Minions: The Rise of Gru Score Suite – Heitor Pereira