Metronomy have revealed that a slew of their favourite artists will be chipping in to reimagine tracks from their most recent album, ‘Small World’.
The nine-track LP, which is the English electronic group’s seventh studio album, was originally released in February of this year. Dork described the album as, “a neat encapsulation of what it feels like to try and hold on to any form of joy in difficult times,” in a 3-star review which you can read in full here.
The full reworked record will be released on November 29th, but the fifth track has just been released – ‘Love Factory’ has been taken on by Katy J Pearson.
On the release, she has shared: “I’ve been a huge fan of Metronomy for a long time. The records they made had a big influence on my music. I have fond memories of travelling up to Bristol to watch them play in when I was a teenager and the shows being so joyous. Brilliantly intelligent pop music.”
“I met Joe after their show in Bristol and we got chatting,” she recalls. “After this encounter, I got asked to rework ‘Love Factory’ for the special edition of their album, ‘Small World’. I was so excited as ‘Love Factory’ is my favourite song from the new record. It’s so beautiful! So I was very flattered and honoured to have the chance to put my own spin on it. I wanted to strip it down to basics and make it a vulnerable duet. I’d been listening to a lot of Nancy Lee & Lee Hazelwood at the time so making it a pop duet felt really fun to do.”
You can watch the music video for Metronomy & Katy J Pearson‘s ‘Love Factory’ below:
You can pre-save the special edition of ‘Small World’ here, with the full feature list reading as below:
1. Metronomy x Porij – Life and Death
2. Metronomy x PPJ – Things will be fine
3. Metronomy x Panic Shack – It’s good to be back
4. Metronomy x Nadeem Din Gibisi & Tony Njoku – Loneliness on the run
5. Metronomy x Katy J Pearson – Love Factory
6. Metronomy x Jessica Winter – I lost my mind
7. Metronomy x Haich Ber Na – Right on time
8. Metronomy x Bolis Pupul – Hold me tonight
9. Metronomy x Sébastian Tellier – I have seen enough