Metronomy are bringing in their favourite artists to rework tracks from their seventh studio album, ‘Small World’ – they have now released Panic Shack’s rework of ‘It’s good to be back’.
The nine-track LP, which is the English electronic group’s seventh studio album, was originally released in February of this year. Dork described the album as, “a neat encapsulation of what it feels like to try and hold on to any form of joy in difficult times,” in a 3-star review which you can read in full here.
A rework was recently announced when Katy J Pearson kicked things off with her new version of ‘Love Factory’, with that initial offering being followed by Jessica Winter’s version of ‘I Lost My Mind’. The full reworked record will be released on November 29th, and track three has just been shared – ‘It’s good to be back’ has been taken on by Panic Shack.
The rising Cardiff five-piece has said: “We were so excited to be asked to cover this Metronomy song and had so much fun Shack-ifying it. We’ve been fans of Metronomy for years so being asked to take part was such a big deal. We hope you love it!”
You can listen to Metronomy & Panic Shack’s ‘It’s good to be back’ here.
You can pre-save the special edition of ‘Small World’ here, with the full feature list reading as below:
1. Metronomy x Porij – Life and Death
2. Metronomy x PPJ – Things will be fine
3. Metronomy x Panic Shack – It’s good to be back
4. Metronomy x Nadeem Din Gibisi & Tony Njoku – Loneliness on the run
5. Metronomy x Katy J Pearson – Love Factory
6. Metronomy x Jessica Winter – I lost my mind
7. Metronomy x Haich Ber Na – Right on time
8. Metronomy x Bolis Pupul – Hold me tonight
9. Metronomy x Sébastian Tellier – I have seen enough